not busy with filming assignments I teach documentary directing
and camera work with a focus on directing and multi-skilling
in small crews.
- DV/HDV Directing
- Interview techniques & character stories
- Technical camera and sound skills
- Z1 HDV, PD170, DSR570/450, DigiBeta
- Boom & radio mics, small mixers
- Filming in remote and hazardous regions
- Documentary skills
Private Workshops - individual and groups
Ravensbourne College of Art and Design - lectures and technical
SOAS - University of London - workshops and tailored training
SCF (Save the Children) - training for media professionals
in northern Iraq
I have experience in the UK and abroad working with both industry
professionals and those with little previous experience.
In the Pongo Gorge, Peru -Full spec but portable
Digibeta camera with a wireless radio link to stereo sound acquisition,
backed up with a DAT.